The Actors’ Center (AC) is a non-profit membership and service organization created by and for actors in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Since its beginnings in 1981, the AC has grown into a large and diverse community of more than 1,000 talented members, including theatre artists of all types ranging from early-career beginners to experienced professionals.
Everyone is invited to join the Actors’ Center: AC members are actors, students, and technicians, both professional and non-professional, union and non-union, who work in theatre, TV, radio, film, internet, narration, voice-over, improv, and more. AC Casting Associates include directors, producers, and casting agents.
AC aims include:
- Helping actors pursue their personal goals of excellence by offering workshops and other events designed to develop and hone skills.
- Fostering positive relationships between members and producers, directors, casting directors, and other industry professionals.
- Connecting members to performing arts opportunities and activities in the Washington, DC/Maryland/Virginia community.
- Developing and maintaining links with producers, directors, casting agents, and others in fields related to acting and connecting these industry professionals with our members.
- Enriching the lives and enhancing the careers of members by offering a close-knit community of industry professionals and opportunities for social networking.
The Actors’ Center does not discriminate in any of its activities or operations on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military status, caregiving responsibilities, or any other status protected by law. Our activities and operations include, but are not limited to, the hiring of staff, the selection of vendors, and the offering of workshops, classes, and other events for members.
Members of The Actors’ Center and participants in its activities, including workshops, classes, and other events, are expected to adhere to these principles of non-discrimination and foster an environment of inclusion and respect for diverse people, viewpoints, and beliefs. The Actors’ Center reserves the right to deny services or membership to any individual who does not adhere to these principles of non-discrimination.
The Actors’ Center is supported in part by Share Fund. and the Nora Roberts Foundation.