The Actors' Center connects DC-area actors to the resources they need to be successful.
The Actors' Center empowers actors in the Washington DC area to achieve their highest potential.
About the Actors' Center
The Actors' Center (AC) is a membership/service group and a non-profit organization created by and for actors in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Since its inception in 1981, the AC has grown into a large and diverse community of more than 1,000 active, talented members, including theatre artists of all types and ranging from early-career beginners to experienced professionals.
Everyone is invited to join the Actors’ Center: AC members are actors, students, and technicians, both professional and non-professional, union and non-union, who work in theatre, TV, radio, film, internet, narration, voice over, improvisational theatre, and more. AC Casting Associates include directors, producers, and casting agents.
AC aims include:
- Helping actors pursue their personal goals of excellence by offering workshops and other events designed to develop and hone skills.
- Fostering and helping to build positive relationships between members and producers, directors, casting directors, and other industry professionals.
- Connecting members to performing arts opportunities and activities in the Washington, DC/Maryland/Virginia community.
- Developing and maintaining links with producers, directors, casting agents, and others in fields related to acting and helping these industry professionals connect with actors.
- Enriching the lives and enhancing the careers of members by offering a close-knit community of industry professionals and many opportunities for social networking.
The Actors’ Center does not discriminate in any of its activities or operations on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military status, care giving responsibilities, or any other status protected by law. Our activities/operations include, but are not limited to, the hiring of staff, the selection of vendors, and the offering of workshops, classes, and other events for members.
Members of The Actors’ Center and participants in its activities, including workshops, classes, and other events, are expected to adhere to these principles of non-discrimination and foster an environment of inclusion and respect for diverse people, viewpoints, and beliefs. The Actors’ Center reserves the right to deny services and/or membership to any individual who does not adhere to these principles of non-discrimination.