INTERESTED IN TEACHING WITH THE AC?
Do you have a class or workshop that you’re interested in teaching? The AC is always looking to expand our roster of teaching artists and bring new classes and topics into our workshop curriculum. Fill out our teaching artist interest form and let us know what we should do next!
Beginner teaching artists and those interested in new workshop topics are highly encouraged to apply.
ACTORS’ CENTER CODE OF CONDUCT
The Actors’ Center does not discriminate in any of its activities or operations on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military status, care giving responsibilities, or any other status protected by law. Our activities/operations include, but are not limited to, the hiring of staff, the selection of vendors, and the offering of workshops, classes, and other events for members.
Members of The Actors’ Center and participants in its activities, including workshops, classes, and other events, are expected to adhere to these principles of non-discrimination and foster an environment of inclusion and respect for diverse people, viewpoints, and beliefs. The Actors’ Center reserves the right to deny services and/or membership to any individual who does not adhere to these principles of non-discrimination.
WORKSHOP ATTENDANCE POLICY
It is expected that if you sign up to take a workshop that you will be present at that event. If you register for a workshop series, it is expected you will be present for all days in that workshop series.
Please make note of our updated workshop cancellation guidelines regarding refunds:
- All cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance will not be issued a refund or credit for the workshop.
- All cancellations made between 24-48 hours in advance will not be issued a refund for the workshop, but will be issued a credit to their account.
- All cancellations made more than 48 hours in advance will receive a full refund.
The cancellation policy is to ensure that fellow AC members on the workshop waiting list have the opportunity to participate. To cancel your registration, please email the AC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if you are canceling due to illness or another situation arises. We are happy to work with individuals on a case by case basis.
Failure to attend 2 workshops without providing 24 hours of notice will result in the suspension of your workshop registration and attendance privileges for 2 months from the date of your 2nd cancellation policy violation.
Directors/professionals who volunteer to lead workshops will receive the registration list and check attendance at the start of the workshop. Being a no-show is unprofessional and disrespectful. By failing to practice common courtesy, you hurt your own reputation and that of Actors’ Center membership as a whole.
Also, please plan to arrive at in person workshops early. Parking can be difficult to find at many workshop locations, so plan your travel time accordingly, leaving more than enough time to find parking (if driving). Participants arriving 15 minutes after a workshop has begun will not be admitted as it damages the experience of other participants and may be a distraction to the workshop instructor.
Take a look at our Levels Guide to find the right class for you.
CURRENT COVID POLICY
The Actors‘ Center will continue to follow the regulations agreed upon by many Greater Washington Area Theatre Organizations in requiring full vaccination of participants at our indoor, in-person events.
- We will require all persons in attendance to provide proof of vaccination to attend live public workshops at our (and other) indoor venues indefinitely.
- We will require patrons to show proof in advance that they are fully vaccinated prior to their entry into the space. This proof may be a CDC vaccination card, a certificate of vaccination, or other documents at the discretion of staff members.
- We will mandate COVID vaccinations for all in-person instructors, seminar hosts, and staff. We will offer exemptions for folks unable to be vaccinated, such as people with medical conditions preventing vaccination or those with closely held religious beliefs that prevent vaccination. These attendees must provide proof of a timely negative COVID-19 test, dated no more than 48 hours before the event start time and remain masked for the duration of the event.
- As of September 2022, the instructors of each individual workshop will decide on masks for their classes. If the instructor is okay with no masks during the event, then masking will not be required. Any student who wishes to remain masked during an in-person class is welcomed to do so. The AC highly encourages everyone attending in-person workshops to test themselves before arriving to class.
In addition, we will continue to follow all CDC guidelines regarding masks, social distancing, and capacity limitations. As the Actors’ Center office is small, this means we will likely be hosting events in other locations, where these standards have been adopted, as well as explore outdoor venues for our classes and events. If you have a suggestion for an outdoor venue for a class, please contact us here. If you would like to donate to support our in-person programming, you may do so here.
The Actors’ Center welcomes actors of all ages to join the membership. For any member that is under the age of 18, they will need parent/guardian permission to take any workshop or attend any event that is hosted by the Actors’ Center or any of its affiliates and partners.
By registering for any workshop, the legal parent or guardian of any Actors’ Center Member under the age of 18 is consenting to allowing their child to participate in the event. Parents/legal guardians are also welcome to attend workshops in their child’s place if they would prefer (ex: SAG-AFTRA Information Session). If a parent/legal guardian would like to be present for the workshop their child is taking, please email email@example.com so we may alert the workshop instructor.
If a parent/legal guardian is dropping their child off at an event and then picking them up, please be aware that the start and end times of workshops are estimated and may change based on attendance of the workshop. We strongly encourage parents/legal guardians to make a plan with their child in the event a workshop starts or ends early/late.
For all minors taking an Actors’ Center Workshop or event, please see the Media Release Acknowledgement and Consent portion of the workshop description found on the event registration page. This form must be filled out.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.